- 2 (16 oz.) pkg. Firm or extra firm tofu packed in water
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan Margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- 2½ Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- 1¼ tsp. granulated onion
- ¾ tsp. pink or sea salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper (or more to taste)
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- Open two packages of tofu and drain the water off.
- Add the margarine to a large skillet, and turn the heat to medium. Crumble tofu into the pan, and toss with margarine.
- Sprinkle the onion, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper over the tofu and stir to mix.
- Cook on medium for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When most of the water is cooked out of the tofu, add nutritional yeast and fold into tofu. Continue to cook over a medium heat.
- Serve with as is, or with black salt, ketchup, salsa, or vegan cheese.