Prep Time: 15 minutes |Cook Time: 40 minutes |Total Time: 55 minutes Makes about 4 servings
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 small onion, diced
● 1-2 teaspoons salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
● 2 cloves garlic, chopped
● 3-4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
● 4 cups vegetable stock
● 1 teaspoon paprika
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
3. Stir in sweet potatoes, stock, cinnamon, and paprika. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (Sweet potatoes should be very tender.)
4. Using a blender, stick blender, or food processor, purée mixture (in batches, if necessary). Return mixture to the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: Sweet potatoes are very high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin.They are also high in fiber, manganese, biotin, potassium and phosphorus.