Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread of your choice
- Sandwich toppings (lettuce, onion, tomato)
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using a fork or large spoon.
- Add in the cilantro, green onions, and lime juice and stir
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.